Policy priorities of journal “Balgarski ezik”
“Balgarski ezik” is a journal issued by the Institute for Bulgarian Language "Prof. Lubomir Andreychin" at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, whose main activity is research in all major directions of Bulgarian linguistics as well as theoretical studies. In “Balgarski ezik” are printed some of the most important studies for the Bulgarian language, which continue to be cited by generations of linguists. The journal contributes to enriching the knowledge of Bulgarian as Slavic, Balkan and European, for the proper use of the language, the preservation of the cultural-historical heritage and clarification of the specificity of the Bulgarian national identity. It supports national language policy as well as policy in the educational, cultural and social spheres.
The journal aims to publish and distribute the results of the latest research in the field of Bulgarian linguistics studies, distinguished by high scientific value and public significance. The main priorities of the journal's policy are:
- STRICTLY SCIENTIFIC CHARACTER AND HIGH QUALITY: Procedures are in place, which ensure the publishing of materials with high quality of content and academic contribution: 1) primary evaluation and selection of the received manuscripts by the responsible editor of the issue chosen from the members of the editorial board and specialist in the relevant thematic field, and from the main editor; 2) anonymous peer review; 3) scientific editing of the papers that have received a positive review; 4) subsequent language editing.
- DOUBLE ANONYMOUS PEER REVIEW: Papers accepted for printing have double anonymous peer review by independent experts, selected among the most prominent Bulgarian and foreign specialists in the relevant scientific subarea. Part of the reviewers are members of the International Editorial Board. The editorial strictly adheres to the action recommended by the reviewer and does not publish manuscripts that have been rejected by the reviewer.
- PUBLICATION OF ORIGINAL ARTICLES: Articles in “Balgarski ezik” are published for the very first time, thanks to which the journal is distinguished with scientific novelty.
- WIDE SCOPE OF LANGUAGE PROBLEMS: The journal publishes articles in all areas of Bulgarian linguistics as well as on theoretical questions of linguistics, which makes the journal the most complete, complex and thematically richest periodical edition in this scientific field in our country. When composing individual issues, the thematic principle is followed.
- DIVERSIFICATION OF AUTHORS: Although “Balgarski ezik” is issued by the Institute for Bulgarian language, the journal has wide range of authors from all centers of Bulgarian linguistics and universities in Bulgaria; a number of specialists from abroad also publish in it.
- TRIBUNE OF YOUNG SCIENTISTS: The journal has a special policy towards young scientists, striving to provide a platform for more and more authors from their circles. Each issue includes publications of young scientists whose innovative ideas enrich linguistic knowledge; special issues are devoted to young scientists. It thus contributes to preserving the continuity of science and its proper development.
- ETHICAL STANDARDS FOR PUBLICATION: The authors, the members of the editorial board and the reviewers shall know the ethical standards for publication regulated by the Ethical Guidelines of the journal.