Balgarski ezik (Bulgarian Language) is an academic journal published by the Institute for Bulgarian Language Prof. Lyubomir Andreychin at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The Journal was founded in 1951 and has since been published without interruption.
The Journal accepts papers describing original research in Bulgarian linguistics, inclu¬ding history, dialectal diversity and current state of the Bulgarian language, along with pa¬pers in the field of theoretical, corpus and computational linguistics. Results of etymological, onomastic, ethnolinguistic, sociolinguistic, psycholinguistic, comparative and interdis¬cip¬li¬na¬ry studies on Bulgarian are published as well.
The Journal maintains the following sections: Articles, Scientific Communications, Lan¬gu¬age Competence, Reviews and Overviews, Chronicles, Anniversaries and Jubilees, Biblio¬graphy.
The papers submitted to the Journal should conform to the Journal’s requirements. Submissions are subjected to double blind review by two independent reviewers. Four issues of the Journal are published annually.
ASSOC. PROF. T. ALEXANDROVA, PhD – Institute for Bulgarian Language
PROF. SVETLA KOEVA, PhD – Institute for Bulgarian Language
EDITORS (INSTITUTE FOR BULGARIAN LANGUAGE OF BAS):
- PROF. ELKA MIRCHEVA, PhD
- ASSOC. PROF. KATYA CHARALOZOVA, PhD
- PROF. LILIA KRUMOVA-TSVETKOVA, DSc
- ASSOC. PROF. PALMIRA LEGURSKA, PhD
- PROF. SLAVKA KEREMIDCHIEVA, PhD
- PROF. VASIL RAINOV, DSc
- CORR. MEM. OF BAS PROF. T. BOYADZHIEV – Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski (Bulgaria)
- CORR. MEM. OF BAS PROF. S. BUROV – University of Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- PROF. G. DEL’AGATA – University of Pisa (Italy)
- PROF. M. DIMITROVA-VALCHANOVA – Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway)
- CORR. MEM. OF BAS PROF. I. DOBREV – Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski (Bulgaria)
- PROF. J. FEUILLET – National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilizations (France)
- PROF. I. KRAPOVA – Ca’ Foscari University of Venice (Italy)
- PROF. J. LINDSTEDT – University of Helsinki (Finland)
- PROF. V. MALDZHIEVA – Uniwersytetu Mikołaja Kopernika, Toruń (Poland)
- PROF. H. MIKLAS – University of Vienna (Austria)
- PROF. B. NORMAN – Belarusian State University (Belarus)
- PROF. K. RÅ Hauge – University of Oslo (Norway)
- PROF. C. RUDIN – Indiana University (USA)
- PROF. E. SCATTON – University at Albany (USA)
- PROF. H. SCHALLER – University of Marburg (Germany)
- PROF. M. STAMENOV – Institute for Bulgarian Language (Bulgaria)
- PROF. T. SZYMANSKI – Polish Academy of Sciences (Poland)
- PROF. E. UZENEVA – Russian Academy of Sciences (Russian Federation)
- PROF. G. VENEDIKTOV – Russian Academy of Sciences (Russian Federation)